Making sure that children are safe and protected from outside intrusion is a priority for both parents and child care providers.
Questions that parents should consider when examining security are the same types of questions that child care centers must be concerned about regarding the safety of children in care. Just some questions include:
- How does the center make sure that a child is not released to someone that the parent has not authorized to pick up the child?
- How does the center prevent unauthorized people from entering the center?
- Does the center have an emergency plan that addresses emergencies such as fires, intruders, medical emergencies?
- Where will the center take the children if they need to evacuate the center?
- How will the center let parents know if there was an emergency and that they need to come and pick up children?
- Are the entrances and exits from the center subject to CCTV monitoring?
We look forward to hearing from you regarding this important topic.